The HND in Photography offers you the unique opportunity to develop your own signature style and visual language in the creation of a professional photography portfolio.
This 2-year programme explores analytical and critical approaches to photographic imagery, together with the study of the critical context of photography. You will develop your technical, darkroom and studio skills whilst exploring images from a critical stance. At the end of the course you will be expected to create a professional portfolio of work which will assist you in pursuing a successful career in the industry.
This diploma is accredited by Edexcel, the UK’s largest academic awarding body offering high quality, professional and innovative programmes equivalent to the first two years of a bachelor’s degree. Upon successful achievement of the BTEC qualification you may wish to top-up your HND by completing a final year at a university to gain a full honours degree (subject to entry requirements). Edexcel is widely known and respected by employers.
• Minimum age: 18 years old
• Qualification: Full secondary education. Minimum 4 GCSE’s (Grade C or above). Minimum of 2 A levels (no less than grade D) for UK applicants Or any NARIC Recognised equivalence
• Language Requirements: Candidates from non- English speaking countries (as defined by UKBA) are expected to have English language skills equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (min. 5.5 in each component), PTE* 36 (min. 36 in each component), TOEFL (IBT) 42 (min. L-9 R-4, S-16, W-13)
• Alternative: Mature students (over 21) and students with other qualifications or an interest in the subject are encouraged to apply, subject to an interview and may be required to produce professional references, work experience and a personal statement
• Portfolio: We also require all candidates to submit a small portfolio. This should consist of 4 sheets of A4 size reproductions of some of the applicant’s art and/ or design work. In general we do not accept any portfolios in digital format but require printouts only.
*PTE: Pearson Test of Academic English