The HND in Fashion and Textiles provides opportunities for aspiring creatives and designers to earn a nationally-recognised qualification while developing fashion skills in London. The city is one of the world’s foremost fashion capitals and is known for producing some of the industry’s biggest designers and fashion houses.
This 2-year programme is designed to explore emerging trends and the fashion industry in general while developing essential garment and accessory design skills. It also helps you gain a cultural understanding of the fashion retail environment. You will have the chance to learn about specific market sectors and manufacturing processes as well as the demands these have on the industry.
This programme is validated by Edexcel, the leading awarding body in the UK.
• Minimum age: 18 years old
• Qualification: Full secondary education. Minimum 4 GCSE’s (Grade C or above). Minimum of 2 A levels (no less than grade D) for UK applicants Or any NARIC Recognised equivalence
• Language Requirements: Candidates from non- English speaking countries (as defined by UKBA) are expected to have English language skills equivalent to IELTS 5.5 (min. 5.5 in each component), PTE* 36 (min. 36 in each component), TOEFL (IBT) 42 (min. L-9 R-4, S-16, W-13)
• Alternative: Mature students (over 21) and students with other qualifications or an interest in the subject are encouraged to apply, subject to an interview and may be required to produce professional references, work experience and a personal statement
• Portfolio: We also require all candidates to submit a small portfolio. This should consist of 4 sheets of A4 size reproductions of some of the applicant’s art and/ or design work. In general we do not accept any portfolios in digital format but require printouts only.
*PTE: Pearson Test of Academic English