Located in Victoria, British Columbia, Camosun College offers two campuses that collectively sustain an average annual enrollment of 18,000 to 23,000 students. Accepting its first student enrollments in 1971, this public community college offers a wide variety of technical, vocational, and career programs as well as first and second year university transfer programs. At the Interurban campus, year-round classes and workshops are offered in several different vocational trades.
The primary faculties offered at Camosun College, and their various departments and programs, are as follows (and are not all-inclusive):
- Access: Employment Training/Preparation, Career/Education Exploration, and three certificate programs in Business, English as a Second Language, and Sports & Technologies
- Arts & Science: Applied Communication, Biology, Broadcast Journalism, Criminal Justice, Environmental Technology, Applied Chemistry & Biotechnology, History, Philosophy, Mathematics, Psychology, Geography, Political Science, American Sign Language, Archeological Field Assistant, Creative Writing, and Sociology
- Business: Accounting, Business Administration, Finance & Economics, Hospitality Management, Information Management, Office Administration, Marketing, Human Resource Management, General Management, Public Administration, and Tourism Management
- Health & Human Services: Certified Dental Assistant, Community Support Worker, Early Childhood Care & Education, Nursing, Medical Laboratory Assistant, and Practical Nurse
- Trades & Technology: Automotive Mechanic, Computer Science, Culinary Art, Electronics Engineering, Commercial Transport Mechanic, Carpentry, Horticulture, Nautical Training, Plumbing Trades, Civil Engineering, and Welding
- Sport & Exercise Education: Sports Management Diploma, Coach & Athlete Development Diploma, Athlete & Exercise Therapy (Applied Degree), and Sports & Fitness Leadership (Applied Degree)
Camosun College provides an educational environment large enough to offer excellent services and facilities, as well as first-rate educators, yet small enough to ensure that all students receive the individualized attention and support they need to be successful…not only in their studies but in the future they are preparing for.