5 Ways Hotel Management School Will Advance Your Hospitality Career
Career Path : Hospitality
Motels, hotels, resorts. If these very words are exciting to youâ¦ If you love every aspect of the hotel business â from sales to housekeeping, from special events to the front desk, from ensuring that guests have Internet access to making sure that the bar is well stocked â then you may be a good candidate for hotel management college. A diploma from a hotel management school can help you break into the career of your dreams more quickly, by helping you:
- practice your leadership skills
- obtain industry certification
- understand emerging trends
- learn the secrets of running a successful business
- develop industry connections at home and abroad
- Practice your leadership skills.
A hands-on practicum at hotel management school is a unique opportunity to practice your leadership skills in a safe environment. Hotel management college teachers are industry professionals who will invite you to reflect on the difference between merely managing or co-ordinating a team and leading the way to true success.
Discover the merits of:
- inspiring versus organizing
- motivating versus controlling
- listening versus problem-solving
- Obtain industry certification.
The AHLA (American Hotel Lodging Association) offers internationally recognized certification in just about every aspect of hotel management, ranging from food safety to wine knowledge, including:
- hotel administration
- food and beverages
- human resources
AHLA (American Hotel Lodging Association) accreditation can be a good way of demonstrating your expertise to prospective employers. Choosing a hotel management college that offers AHLA (American Hotel Lodging Association) certification can give you a competitive edge on the job market.
- Understand emerging trends.
What will the guests of tomorrow look for in a hotel? Find out today. Opt for a hotel management school that offers training in up-and-coming trends such as environmentally responsible practices in the hospitality industry.
- Learn the secrets of running a successful business.
Hotel administration is about managing relationships with staff, guests and suppliers, but it is also about numbers. At hotel management school, you will learn:
- how to keep costs down
- accounting and marketing skills
- Develop industry connections at home and abroad.
Look for a hotel management school with strong connections to the industry.
- Do hotels come to them when looking to fill positions?
- Do their instructors maintain their ties with the industry?
- Is there a job placement system that will help you find the job of your dreams upon graduation?
Because although hotel management college can be a fun experience in itself, the ultimate goal is a job that you love.