5 Top Automotive Careers
Career Path : Automotive
For the prospective automotive technician, the sheer number of automotive careers can be almost overwhelming. Yes, it may seem hard to choose, but it is also a great thing to have so many choices available. No matter what element of automotive work you are interested in, there is an excellent career choice waiting for you. Here are five top automotive careers, one or more of which may be just what you are looking for.
- Since diesel engines are somewhat different than those which run on gasoline, special training is required to work on them. This will allow you to work on the small but growing number of cars and trucks which use diesel and all sorts of big trucks and heavy machinery. For many people, these giant machines prove both fascinating and lucrative to work on.
- Do you have a little bit of artist in you? If so, auto body work might be for you. Artistic inclination is not required, of course, and body work is a great option for anyone who loves to start with a mess then work toward a beautiful finished product. Auto body work presents unique challenges, which are often fun to meet. It also is a field which will always be in demand, as there will be car accidents for as long as there are cars.
High Performance/Exotic Cars
- These careers are grouped together because they both focus on the highest of the high-end automobiles. For the average automotive technician, these are two of the dream automotive careers. You need special knowledge to work on highly tuned and exotic cars, which will allow you to work on these dream machines all day long. It is important to note that these are competitive fields, as you won’t be the only one who wants to work on the very best cars. Still, if you can get in, it can be worth it.
- For those who like working on certain makes of cars but want to avoid the competition of the high performance market, make-specific work can be a nice compromise. You will be able to work on your favorite make all day long, and as long as you pick a popular make your skills will always be in demand.
Brakes and Fluids
- This may not be as glamorous as some of the other options, but you will also never find yourself out of work. By their nature, brakes will wear away, and there will always be cars in need of this service. Another advantage is that you will get to work on all different types of cars, instead of limiting yourself to one particular area.
This list of five is only scratching the surface of your options for automotive careers. There are a number of ways to find the career that is right for you. Ask questions, do research, try things out, and ultimately follow your desire and you’ll find your own niche as an automotive technician.
Visit Automotive Training Centres for more information on other career paths like dispatcher training
Article Source: http://ezinearticles.com/?5-Top-Automotive-Careers&id=8064145